8 Amazing Benefits of Copper Water
Facts about Copper :
- Copper ( Cu ) is one of the oldest metal that was founded in human history. Humans have been making things from copper since 8000 years. According to a survey, Copper is the third most consumed metal by humans after iron and aluminium.
- Copper is widely popular in the fields of medicine. Studies have shown that copper has anti-microbial properties that kill bacteria and viruses. It is an essential micro nutrient in a human body.
- Ayurveda has also given a great importance to the copper metal. According to Ayurveda, water stored in copper vessel balances the three doshas in human body that regulates the forces of nature. The three doshas are : Vata ( air and space), Pitta ( fire and water), kapha ( earth and water).
- Ayurveda also states that copper vessel positively charges water and a natural purification of water occurs when the water is stored in a copper vessel.
- Copper is not naturally produced in a human body hence it has to be added through external sources.
- The best way to add accurate amount of copper is to drink water stored in a copper utensil. It might be a Copper Bottle, copper pot, copper carafe, etc.
- Pure copper has a tendency to turn green in colour. When copper comes in contact with the outer atmosphere an oxidation reaction takes places. Copper loses its electrons and hence its colour changes to green. It is a natural phenomenon.
- Drinking water from a copper vessel has numerous health benefits. Some of them are listed below:
Benefits of Copper Water
1. Supports healthy metabolism: There are enzymes present in human bodies that functions to operate metabolism in different organs. Copper plays an important role in maintaining metabolism as it ensures proper functioning of critical enzymes. Hence deficiency of copper may symptomize in inactive metabolism, low energy and other signs of poor metabolic health.
2. Provides Energy to your body: A human body gets its energy from ATP (a chemical present in human body that provides energy to human body) Copper is one of the nutrients that is important for creation of ATP. Copper also makes protein more available to the body by freeing up iron in the blood.
3. Antibacterial: Copper destroys and stops the growth of microbes, bacteria and fungi. People drink water stored in a copper bottle as a medicine to boost their immune system and heal wounds.
4. Anti angling: Copper is a component of melanin, it provides protection to your skin and hair from harmful sun-rays. It also safeguards your cell membrane which prevents premature ageing.
5. Reduces Inflammation and Improves Digestion: Copper kills harmful bacteria present in water that which reduces inflammation in stomach. It helps in digestion of food, resulting into proper functioning of whole digestive system.
6. Helps in Weight Loss: Copper is a mineral that helps burn the fat present in human body which directly results in weight loss. It is also known for regulating the digestive system which also results into weight loss.
7. Increases the level of Haemoglobin: Copper helps in forming red blood cells. It helps absorb iron from the intestines which eventually results in the increasing the level of haemoglobin.
8. Boosts Immunity: Copper helps in producing white blood cells which strengthens the immune system. Hence copper boosts the immune system and reduces the chances of infections.
Drinking water from a copper vessels would be undoubtedly beneficial to your health, but if you choose to buy a copper product and replace it with a plastic product, you will contribute your part in the betterment of our world's environment. So be the change and be healthy.
- How to Clean Copper Utensils:
Copper generally gets oxidised or tarnishes as a natural phenomenon. Hence a quick glance at the cleaning ways might help you to maintain Copper products well. 1. Pitambari Powder is the best and traditional way to clean the copper items. Vinegar with a combination of Salt can be applied and cleaned or otherwise the copper product that is to be cleaned can be immersed in a solution of Vinegar and salt in boiling water. 2. Lemon and salt mixed together can be rubbed to clean the product and salt can also be replaced with Baking Soda.
Buy Copper utensils from Genuine Sellers: Unfortunately there are sellers who sell fake copper products that are mix of other metals also. Ashtok's Copper Products like Copper Water Bottle, Copper Pots, Copper Jugs, etc are handcrafted with pride by skilled artisans using traditional techniques. Each of our products is shaped from a single sheet of 100% pure copper with no joints or seams.
Ashtok is an online e-commerce platform, where you will get best quality Copper and Brass Utensils exclusively at affordable prices. All the products that we furnish are manufactured with keen details. To buy or know more visit ashtok.com