The Ultimate Guide to Making Irani Chai with Irani Chai Set
Irani Chai (Hyderabadi Dum Tea):
Irani Chai (Irani Tea, Hyderabadi Tea) is a sweet, milky, and creamy Indian tea that is also known as Hyderabadi Dum Chai. It was brought to the Indian subcontinents by Persian immigrants in the 19th century. It changed throughout time to suit Indian tastes.
This tea is slowly brewed (dum) with warm spices like green cardamom pods and cinnamon before being mixed with a creamy reduced milk mixture. Traditional creamy milk is made using milk and khoya (reduced milk solids), although some people use heavy cream, fresh cream (malai), or condensed milk.
Most Irani cafes serve Hyderabadi chai. This delicious beverage is also sold at roadside tea stalls in old Hyderabad, and if you enjoy chai, this milk tea should be on your list of chai recipes to try.
The flavor of Hyderabadi Irani tea is unique and distinct from that of normal tea. Make it at home using a traditional recipe and enjoy.
The most important aspect of the Irani Chai set is the Irani Chai Making of Utensils. Ashtok is the world's oldest and best manufacturer and seller of Irani chai sets. This Irani Chai set is made of copper and has a silver coating called khalai or tin coating on the inside to keep tea safe and healthy. The Copper Irani Chai set is only manufactured in Hyderabad.
The Irani tea set consists of three items. 1. Handa made of copper 2. Copper Patila; 3. Copper Dabba with Brass Tap. Milk is boiled separately in patila, while black tea is brewed separately in a copper dish called handa before being served on the Dabba.
To prepare Irani Chai, add the water and all of the spices in a Handa (star anise, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, and pepper). Allow this to boil for 5 minutes.
Add the milk and cream and continue to cook for 5 minutes in a Patila. The taste becomes stronger as you leave it for a long period. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to boil until the milk is reduced to half its original volume. To avoid burning at the bottom of the Patila, stir often.
How to make irani tea?
To make traditional Iranian tea, you will need the following ingredients:
- Black tea leaves
- Sugar (optional)
- Cardamom pods (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Rose water (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a pot or teapot.
- Add the tea leaves to the boiling water and let steep for 3-5 minutes, depending on desired strength.
- For a traditional flavor, you can add a couple of crushed cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, and a little bit of sugar (if desired) to the tea.
- If you want to add rose water, add 1/4 teaspoon of it to the tea after brewing
- After brewing, pour the tea into small cups.
- Enjoy your hot irani chai!
- Note: You can adjust the amount of tea leaves and the steeping time according to your personal preference.
- You can also serve the tea with traditional biscuits or sweets.